CasePlease: Travel Light, Enjoy Your Flight
- I take a lot of business trips and I wish that at least in the locations I frequently go to I didn’t have the “luggage” problem.
In other words, I wish I reached the city where I have work to do and I wouldn’t have to wonder “where do I leave my luggage?”, “Do they
have a storage space at their office?”, ”Isn’t it weird to carry my luggage at a business meeting?”
- I travel to Romania a lot and I have always wondered if there is a service I can use when I am on the move to help me with my luggage
somehow because, I have to admit, as necessary as luggage is on a trip, oftentimes it is more like “another thing to worry about”. Should
I go on by saying that, in the majority of cases and moments in which, after I finish my work, I want to visit something/have lunch,
there is the “problem” of the luggage I have to carry around with me?
- And, since for a while now the luggage situation has become more and more concerning, I have looked around to see if in Romania there
is any company that offers services which could respond to my needs. And there is!
- It is called CasePlease , a service that simplifies business travels and appeals
to business people who travel frequently. For the moment, the service is available only in Bucharest (since it’s Romania’s “business
centre”), but the company estimates that it will expand in other cities as well. Hearing this, beside the fact that I was glad to rely on
their services in the near future when traveling to other cities, I did my best to find out more about this service, about the way it
works and mostly who it is useful to.
- As a result, I talked to one of the CasePlease founders, Flaviu Dumitrascu, and he
answered all the questions I could think of. I can only say that I gladly noticed that, even though the company has been recently
launched (this fall), they are truly prepared to meet a business client’s needs.
- Below you will find all the information I gathered about the services offered by CasePlease .
What is CasePlease?
- CasePlease is a service that make business trips easier and it addresses business
people who frequently travel to Bucharest, mainly by plane, usually once a month or more often. These people can be Romanian, as well as
foreigners, who check in at 3, 4, or 5 star hotels or in rented apartments.
- Business people using this service can leave a set of clothes and personal hygiene products in the care of CasePlease so that upon
their next trip to Bucharest they can find everything cleaned, packed and set waiting for them at the hotel where they are staying.
Currently, CasePlease offers two plans: the smaller one allows the storage of up to 10 clothing items (including footwear), while the larger one allows the storage of up to 25 clothing items (including footwear). Additionally, a cosmetics bag can be stored, as well as a phone/tablet charger/USB cable.
- When the clients depart, CasePlease picks up the luggage from the hotel, professionally cleans the clothes, stores them and it is
ready for the client’s next visit. Easy, right?
The benefits of Using CasePlease Service
- Using CasePlease, business people can forget about the daunting task of packing and carrying luggage, thereby saving time.
- The majority of business people travel with hand/cabin luggage, not wanting to waste time checking-in/checking-out the hold baggage
in the airport. However, hand luggage implies a limited amount of clothes/personal goods. With CasePlease, this inconvenient is
ruled out, and business people who turn to this service can head to the airport at any time, “with the clothes they are wearing” and an
ID. In other words, they are always ready for a new business trip.
- At the end of their trip, business people using these services are no longer supposed to unpack and wash or take the clothes to the
cleaners, as CasePlease will handle it. Besides that, CasePlease gets rid of the problem of wrinkled clothes at the hotel.
- CasePlease allows you to save time which can be invested in other activities.
How Does CasePlease work?
- For starters, a first meeting of the client with a CasePlease representative is mandatory here, in Bucharest, during which the client
will leave the clothing and cosmetic items in the care of the CasePlease representative, afterwards being able to benefit from the whole
- The company wishes that, in the future, the client would be able to send the luggage to CasePlease directly from the city/country of
residence, by means of a courier and transport service.
- Upon the next business visit in Bucharest, all the goods left in the care of CasePlease will be taken to the hotel on covered
hangers, as well as the CasePlease travel bag (for the cosmetic bag and the clothing items that do not wrinkle easily).
- A CasePlease representative will deliver the client’s luggage at the hotel’s reception, before the client’s arrival, or a CasePlease
representative will meet the client at the hotel and hand in the luggage personally.
- Similarly, when leaving, the client leaves his luggage at the hotel’s reception and CasePlease picks everything up, or the two
parties can meet. The clothes will then be professionally cleaned and wait for their owner until his/her next trip to Bucharest.
- If the client wants new clothes, he/she can change/add them during a trip, as he/she desires.
Where is CasePlease available?
- Currently, the service appeals strictly to business people traveling to Bucharest, but, in the future, the company wishes to expand
to other cities in the country and also abroad. These cities will be further announced, as the service expands.
How much is CasePlease?
There are two fees involved:
- Flat fee: a €5 monthly fee for storage.
- Trip fee:
- €50 fee per trip, for storing up to 10 clothing items (including footwear), plus a toiletries bag, as well as a phone/tablet charger/USB cable.
- Or €100 fee per trip, for storing up to 25 clothing items, plus a toiletries bag, as well as a phone/tablet charger/USB cable.
- Payment is currently done by card, everything being automated as soon as the client books the service on the site. After a client
introduces the bank card data, the 5 Euro will be “extracted” automatically on the 1st (first) of each month, and at the end of the trip
the related trip fee will be paid automatically (50 or 100 Euro, depending on the selected plan). The client is notified by email and receives the invoice as soon as the
payment is done.
What do Clients say about CasePlease?
- Even if they have just begun, the people from CasePlease already have a lot of Romanian and foreign clients. They work with business
people directly, as well as with companies that send their staff to different trips in Bucharest.
- Here is what one of their clients, a business man from Greece says:
- Twice a month I travel from Thessaloniki to Bucharest, for business. For the first time ever, thanks to CasePlease I can travel
stress free, since I don’t have to pack, do the laundry, or carry a bag. All I have to take with me is my laptop and my phone. Moreover,
I dedicate the extra time I gain to family, friends or my business.
- Everything about CasePlease is top notch: the clothes look great after being cleaned and the guys are always on time. I highly
recommend the service!
- Efthimios Agapis – Export Manager Pet Interest, Thessaloniki- Greece
With whom does CasePlease work?
- CasePlease addresses to Romanian or foreign business people and either works with them directly, or with the companies they
represent, or with tourism agencies that are involved in business travel and bring business people to Bucharest.
- For me, it was a real pleasure to discover that in Romania there is such a service, that is clearly welcome among those who take
business trips to Bucharest and I sure hope that this service will be available in other cities as well.